Podcasting FAQ Guide
If you’ve been considering starting a podcast, there has never been a better time to start. Due to the increasing accessibility of mobile technology, podcasting has experienced explosive growth in recent years. Today, over one million people own a smartphone, making the content easier to consume than ever before.
But should you jump on the podcasting bandwagon? Does it really help attract quality leads? If you’ve been contemplating starting a podcast or are completely new to the podcasting world, read our Podcasting FAQ Guide below to learn more.
What are the benefits of podcasting?
Podcasting has the advantage of low competition and less noise. There are about 225,000 audio podcasts currently in operation. Compared to 450 million English language blogs and 100 million hours of new video uploaded to YouTube daily, it’s easier to stand out from the competition in this venue. In particular niches, you’ll often find only a few podcasts, so if you have a particular niche topic, becoming one of the top podcasters in the world is not out of the realm of possibilities.
Who listens to podcasts?
All sorts of people, including business owners (both B2B and B2C) and other professionals, listen to podcasts. Business professionals consume podcasts to stay abreast of industry trends and news as well as learn and improve themselves.
Why should I add podcasting to my content marketing strategy?
Like any other valuable content, podcasting takes time, energy, and effort. While it’s difficult to quantify how podcasting translates to sales revenue, many self-employed professionals experience a profound impact on their business as a result and service professionals in every field stand to gain from starting a podcast. Why? Consider the consider the following:
- Because podcasts allow you to consume the content while doing other tasks, people who listen to podcasts will give you 30-60 minutes of their time.
- Podcasts help build authority and humanize you. Hearing your voice makes people feel like they already know you.
- Podcasts help people get to know you and your services, cutting down on your selling time.
How do I start a podcast?
According to Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man, these are the basic steps required to start a podcast:
- Get a microphone and record your voice in audio form.
- Convert the audio file into a MP3 audio file.
- Upload the file to a media hosting company. For a low monthly fee, these companies can deliver big media files to large audiences.
- Set up an RSS feed. This allows people to subscribe to your podcast.
- Submit your podcast to podcast directories, such as Apple, Microsoft, Blackberry and Stitcher Radio.
Additional resources for people who want to learn how to podcast:
- Podcast Answer Man with Cliff J. Ravenscraft – Learn How to Podcast Tutorial
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn- How to Start a Podcast – Pat’s Complete Step-By-Step Podcasting Tutorial